Thursday, April 1, 2010

The surgery was 3 weeks ago today. It went just fine. I came home from the hospital the following day. I fell asleep on the way home, but as we were coming down our street, Michael slowed waaaaayyyyy down and said, "Look at that." I opened my eyes to see pink and white balloons all over the front yard with a love note banner on the garage door and for added humor, bras strung here and there. I just cried. What amazing friends and neighbors we have... I LOVE living here (even despite the horrific wind)! So this is what I saw when I opened my eyes...




Really, how great are the people in my neighborhood??!!

I came home with two drains in, one coming out from each side. Well. Drains are MISERABLE! Thankfully, they came out a week later. Now I am back to dealing with the fluid build-up. Ugh. It is just miserable, but I am trying to remind myself, that it is better than having the drains. Yep, nothing right now is worse than those drains. But the fluid build-up is standing in the way of my running. That does NOT make me happy. I had a dr.'s appt. this past Tues. and she told me to switch over to motrin and see if that helps. She also said that if I am active one day, the fluid problem will manifest itself the next day. Grrrrr. She said to see how this next week goes and maybe I can try the j word (jogging) on Monday.
The left side is healing great and the tissue they took from that side all came back non-cancerous. Yay. When the other side catches up, I'll be good to go! :)




7 comments:

Elise said...

I've been thinking about you. How sweet of your neighbors I wish I could have been there to help. I was in Salt Lake this last weekend and wanted to go say hi but didn't have much time and didn't want to bother you. I hope you can go running again soon. I can't wait to start running outside again instead of on the stupid treadmil at the gym. Love Ya!!!!! (love the boob cupcakes :)

Beck said...

Love you Cheryl! And thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I truly do adore you!

p.s. Why did I never get a piece of those booby cupcakes! :)

Stephanie said...

That's so amazing. I'm glad that everyone's been taking such good care of you. The boob cupcakes were great too! That's the best idea!!

Katie Robertson said...

Yay! I'm happy I found your blog. I feel so sad that I haven't seen you guys for so long. Sorry I'm too busy to babysit your munchkins right now :( My parents have been keeping me updated about the surgery, and I'm really, really glad to know that it's all working out. Those cupcakes are hysterical. I'm glad that you're doing alright. :D

Emily and Derek said...

So glad to hear you are well!! When life slows down we will have to come visit!

Jess said...

hi cheryl! this is jessica ginn chase from florida, jamie told me about your blog so i took a look. =) hope you're recovering well. i love the house decor from your friends! we just live like 5 minutes away from you guys so we should get together sometime. it would be fun to catch and and see your family! my email is adamjesschase@hotmail. take care and please let me know if you need anything!!

Becca said...

Speechless and in awe. Cheryl, I love you and miss you and am so glad things are looking up, including your boobs. I need your number so we can chat.