Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stupid Cancer.

Another graphic update. Sorry. Two weeks ago the surgeon told me that the cancer came within 1.5 milimeters of the small amount of breast tissue they left in. They left that TINY bit of breast tissue so they could save the nip. Well, guess the margin is too small for comfort. Last Thurs. I met with a multidisciplinary clinic and it was the unanimous opinion of the panel (another surgeon, the oncologist and the radiation oncologist) that the nip be removed. I have the option to do radiation instead, but they all felt that surgery would be the better choice. It was their opinion that doing radiation would make it very difficult for the plastic surgeon to match things up when it was over. So off to the plastic surgeon today to get his opinion on matters pertaining to my rack... what's left of it... :) I know it could be much, much worse (I'm still not going to die, chemo is still not necessary so I don't lose my hair), but still... Crap! (Sorry, mom.)

4 comments:

Shelly Beutler said...

BUMMER! So sorry you have to postpone your "moving on" from this - AGAIN!; still, I know you will get through it, with SOMETHING learned/gained from it all. Hopefully of all the things you're learning, it is that you are very loved and cared for and have many friends who support you. You're awesome and I miss you friend - wishing I could give you a hug right now!

Beck said...

I love you Cheryl! You have such a good attitude. And I love that your using the term "nip" It made me smile. Today was fun! Loving hagnin with you. 3 more days!!!!

Elise said...

I loved your birthday cake and what your freinds did to your house. I'm sorry that this isn't all over yet. I bet some carmelitos would help you feel better. I made some this morning because I didn't have any left from the ward party. You could come and get some :) Or I could send some in the mail but I don't know if you would really want to eat them after that trip. Love Ya!

Michelle said...

I love you.