Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good news and bad news

The good news: the mri did not show the cancer to be everywhere. Bad news: it really only showed the spot where they already knew it had been...so not sure if it's just showing post-surgery trauma and not picking up the cancer, or if that really is the only spot where the cancer is... So, more surgery this Thurs. (1/28). He'll take out another centimeter around the last spot and then---hopefully---- we'll get clear margins. I can tell this is good news because I'm not crying. :) Not excited for another of these surgeries, but it's better than the alternative. I don't know what will happen if the margins don't come back clear this next time... but I can guess. So here's hoping for clear margins!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Let me know if I can help with anything. We would love to have Ari over again to play. You will be in our prayers!

Jill and Kevin said...

Our prayers are with you!

Beck said...

I can feel it. Clear margins are in your future! Your bb's are too good to get taken away. So dont worry... :)

patty said...

JOSIE SURE AM THINKING ABOUT YOU THESE DAYS. I HOPE TODAY WAS A MAJOR SUCCESSFUL FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIY. I BELIEVE MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU, KEEPING YOU SAFE. STAY STRONG. PRAYING FOR YOU EXTRA HARD TONIGHT. KEEP ME POSTED. I JUST KNOW THAT GOD HAS MUCH BIGGER PLANS FOR YOU! STAY WELL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MISS YOU AND LUV YOU.